Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow day















Hard to imagine but we got a "snow day" today at work. Its actually called a "Key and Essential Personnel Only" day but its a snow day. Check this out. It's our driveway!














Miss C and I went on an "adventure" yesterday to the grocery store and I am glad we made it when we did. Not that I ever run out of anything, just that I feel better knowing we are restocked on all of our fruits and veggies. Miss C discovered her new "favorite" toy, a small lemon. Just the right size and texture to make a fine teething toy! I love finding new stuff. We found out on accident because I needed her to hang out in her seat in the kitchen while I brought groceries in and unloaded them. Awesome fun!
Speaking of Miss C, she is doing fine. Missing DH but fine none the less. The cat on the otherhand is pissed off beyond belief. I don't get a chance to sit with her as much as DH does so when he is gone, well, she doesn't get as much attention. Ah, well, we'll be fine!
Other than that, not much else to report! Anyone else getting snow today?

5 comments:

Tony said...

I'd love a snow day, but only if Cat is in town.

The snow they said we'd get a couple weeks ago didn't really happen. It's too bad because I was looking forward to putting everybody into 19 layers of clothes and taking a walk in the snow-covered woods.

LizardBreath said...

That would be fun! Too bad you're not here to help enjoy the weather! It looks like it won't let up for another day or so. Loads of fun!

Anonymous said...

That's what it looks like here too. It was crazy trying to get down the big hill on our street for the pediatrician appointment this afternoon!

LizardBreath said...

Glad to hear that you made it safely! We tried to go to the store yesterday and couldn't negotiate one of the turns. I managed to get turned around and back home in one piece! This weather is interesting, its supposed to get worse tonight. Maybe we'll have another "snow day" tomorrow!

Cat said...

Lemon chew-toy = Fresh breath! I love it.

I want a snow day, but not until I get home from Hartford!!