Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Let's see, the party at the neighbor's house went well. Everyone had to come over and meet us, but we are sure it was because of Miss C. She was the center of attention and loved watching everyone. She was quiet for the first fifteen minutes then started to play with a cup in my lap. She was just fine so long as no one actually tried to talk to her directly. She even got a very sweet teddy bear from the host and hostess as she was deemed the guest of honor.
I think we will be seeing these folks, the neighbors that is, more frequently than we did in SoCal. It's nice to have nice neighbors that aren't able to look into your backyard from their upstairs!
Miss C had a great time but I expect that she will have even more fun once we get to her Great Grandmother's house this weekend. We think her favorite gift so far was her remote control. It was from our old cable set. DH scrubbed it and boy, I don't think she has let it go more than a couple of minutes at a time. She was exhausted last night and slept well as usual.
As a gift to us, Miss C is now scooting backwards! Talk about a great gift. As I understand it, this is a precursor to crawling. We told her she is a little young to be doing this but she simply stuck out her tongue and gave us a raspberry! She is also saying "da" a lot more now so DH got his own Christmas gift from Miss C. I know she will be saying "ma" in time so I guess I will wait.
I am putting in a couple of cute pictures (go figure!) and then we're off! I have to work today so there are still a few things to take care of. I will try to post again soon.
Until then, hope everyone is having a great time!
Friday, December 21, 2007
Saturday, December 15, 2007
We did have a good time even though it looks like DH managed to catch Miss C between smiles.
We're getting ready for our winter trip to see DH's grandma. Everyone is so excited, I am not sure what Miss C will make of it but its bound to be memorable. I just wish she was able to see the rest of the family more often. Ah, well, maybe later, right?
That's pretty much it for now. Hope ya'll are having a great December and don't forget to toss me a comment every once in a while, ok?
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Wow! 6 months have already passed since Miss C joined our family. Here's a quick recap of where she stands:
1. Miss C rolls everywhere! She has definitely figured out this one. When we play, she often chases us around the rooms. Too much fun!
2. Miss C tries to "talk". We hear lots of compounds (ba, da, ga) but nothing that really means anything, at least nothing that we have figured out yet. She prefers to talk to the ceiling fan or the cat more than anything though!
3. Miss C has 6 teeth working their way back and forth. Poor baby. She gets the teeth to come through the gums then the gums swell and teeth disappear again only to make her have to go through the entire process all over again!
4. Miss C loves her solids! She seems to be very happy with sweet potatoes and squash (both smell much like spaghetti o's, don't they?) as well as just about every other one she has tried. We're going for peaches next then avocado! Yummy!
5. Miss C has great balance when seated (although she still hasn't figured out how to get to this position on her own).
6. Miss C really likes to stand up. She holds on to the foot stool or one of the chairs and stands there for a few minutes. She needs to know that one of us is sitting behind her but once she is sure of that, no problem. Its so cute to see her grin!
Well, that's pretty much it. We have her check up scheduled for tomorrow so I won't have her height and weight (or length and weight, rather) until then. Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did!