Thursday, April 29, 2010

Potty training update

For those of you nice enough to follow our story, I felt it was necessary to provide an update.
Miss C is definitely a big girl now. As I mentioned in the last post, Miss C decided two weeks ago to only wear panties. I made a couple of mistakes along the way, one of which was to basically force her to wear a pull up one night because i was afraid she would have an accident. While it pissed her off, she proved me oh so wrong.
The day after, Miss C looked me in the eye (she does this to make sure I understand her, oh so grown up) and said, quite clearly, "Mama, I told you. I am a big girl. I wear panties. I don't have accidents, see?" Oh gosh, you are a big girl!
She has thrilled her teachers to no end. One day last week she had a minor accident, a toot gone wrong. She was very concerned that her teachers would put her in a pull up because of it. Geez, they had already asked me if I wanted to do anything with her pull ups! They reassured her and DH that they have the utmost confidence in her potty training and don't plan to put her in a pull up every again.
This week has been incredible on that front. While the teachers saw her potty last week, on Monday she really impressed them by going #2 in the potty at school. They were more than impressed, they were stunned.
When I brought her to school this morning, I asked her if she needed to go potty. She told me she did but she wanted to wait until the potty that has the door on it was available (one room she is in first thing in the morning only has one potty but it does have a door, her regular classroom has 2 potties but no doors, so, ok, I get it). No problem. I waited. Her regular teacher walked in the room (she was on break, another teacher was in the room, something Miss C doesn't like so we usually wait for Campbell, as she calls her, to return) and I mentioned that Miss C was waiting on the potty. Campbell told me "heck, we don't bother to ask Miss C if she needs to go potty, she's doing so great, we know she will go when she has to." Wow, talk about a confidence boost for a little girl!
So, that's it. We gave an entire trash bag full of bags of pull ups to another girl in her class and I have 4 very nice, hardly used potty chairs, in case anyone needs them! :)

4 comments:

cindy w said...

That is awesome! That's a very precocious little girl you have there. As someone who also has a newly potty-trained toddler: *virtual high-five*!

LizardBreath said...

Miss C cracks me up! i wish we could get Miss C, C baby and E baby together again! *virtual high-five* back at ya!

Cat said...

I love the way she just looks you in the eye and tells you: mama, don't worry-- I GOT THIS.

LizardBreath said...

She slays me. Not sure where she gets her directness from! ;)