Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Update


Well, its that time again. Another update.

Its been 5 weeks since we brought Miss C home and let me tell you, we have been going nonstop. Whoever said your baby will teach you what you need to know wasn't kidding. For example, we thought you had to automatically burp a baby after they eat or else. Well, Miss C will let us know when she needs to be burped. I'm serious. We were spending a lot of time patting her back after a meal to no avail. Now if she falls asleep immediately following a meal, we let her sleep and when she wakes up and hollers that she needs to be burped, we burp her. Kind of scary how simple that is. Its not always easy to get that elusive burp out but at least we're not patting her back for hours needlessly.

We've changed up our tummy time syllabus. Since Miss C has already shown that she can roll over from front to back, we let her do that first then we work on other stuff like letting her try to crawl (too cute!), practicing raspberries, smiling (I love this one!), just chatting, whatever. Its really neat to see how much she changes on a daily basis. So much so that I have started pulling out clothes that are now "muscle onesies" on her. She is wearing socks all the time now since her feet tend to get chilly, but I am not sure how much she likes them. For now, I think she tolerates them.

I have one more week then I am back at work. Luckily, as I have mentioned, I will be back on leave after a week, but its going to be tough either way. I keep thinking how lucky Poobou is that she is working from home. By the time its an option for me, Miss C will be in Elementary School. Ah well, we do what we can, right?

Well, that's about it for now. I attached a picture of myself and Miss C. Unfortunately, it seems like DH cut off the top of my head. Oh well! Miss C is modeling a new sleeper she received from her Uncle W and Aunt L. We think its very cute! Hope ya'll have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, working from home is a pretty awesome gig if you can get it. But, I realized a couple of weeks ago when I had some "mother's helpers" over while I painted the kitchen that if Miss C can see me, but I'm not holding her, she is NOT happy. So I think I'll probably have to put her in daycare (at least part-time) anyway, or else I'll never get anything done.

LizardBreath said...

I guess that might be somewhat reassuring. We stopped by the day care again today to check on a couple of things before she starts. I was almost in tears. Its normal, so I have been told, to not want to send your child to be taken care of by someone else. I know I will deal with it but I just don't want to start yet! Ugh. A plus of all of this is that I will be on leave again soon.