Thursday, June 28, 2007

Getting the house ready to show



We met with a "stager" yesterday. Apparently these folks are interior designers who are subcontracted by Realtors to help people put their houses in showroom condition. DH spent most of the visit with her while Miss C and I took care of other issues like feeding and diapers. The house looks a bit different now and DH is putting together a checklist (primarily for me) for when we get requests to show the house. One of the caveats we put out about having people come over is they must call first unless its an open house. We have to put Sammy in her carrier and out in the garage (its just safer and we worry a lot less about her getting out of the house, getting lost, hurt or whatever). We also have to put up our personal stuff (even toothbrushes!) ans everything we keep out downstairs for Miss C. Our mantra has become "if it will sell the house."
Other than house stuff we've been staying busy with Miss C. As you can see by the photos, she's doing great, getting bigger, filling out and exploring the world with me. We already met with the day care folks (they absolutely adore her, but then again, who doesn't?) and yesterday we even went to the grocery store. Miss C seems to be sleeping better for certain periods at night. For example, she generally eats at 8 or 830 pm and sleeps until 12 or 1230am. Then she's up for 30 minutes or so to eat, get burped and get a new diaper. Then she's asleep again until 3 or 330am when we repeat our last and she's back in bed until 6 or 630am. She still grunts and groans in her sleep (normal bm stuff, I am assured) but we're definitely getting more sleep. The trick will be working her schedule out so we can leave here with a full tummy by 7 am once I have to go back to work.
Speaking of work, we're getting closer to the end of fiscal year and I still have 23 days of leave I MUST take or I lose it. I refuse to lose leave. I also have 10 days of house hunting leave to take when we close on the new place. I am going to talk with my office and see about taking leave when DH is out of town. I will still have to pay 50% of our daycare costs to keep her seat but. heck, I have to take the leave. I can't take it immediately following my maternity leave though, I have to go back at some point.
Well, I need to put Miss C down for a nap. Hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Oooh, so you might be on leave while we're visiting, too? No pressure, but that would be fun!

LizardBreath said...

We'll see what we can do. I agree. I think it would be great fun too! Just have to talk to them at work. I really do need to take the leave and they can't legitimately give me too much grief since I will lose it if I don't take it. I'll let you know if I figure it out before you hop on the plane! ;-)