Friday, June 22, 2007

2 week check up

Ok, we had our two week check up today and it went smashingly! Catie now has the following specs: weight: 8lb 13 oz (75th percentile), length 21 1/4 inches (75th percentile), head circumference 35.5 cm (50th percentile and boy was I thrilled about that when she was born). Ok, so can anyone tell me why I should care about these percentiles?
Other than that, Catie is coming along very well. She lifts her head any chance she can get. We do loads of tummy time (I taped one today but need more time before I can get it on you tube. I will let ya'll know when it's there) and she is almost rolling over. Its crazy! She even plays with us. I know, sounds mad but its true. She tries to latch on to Greg's neck when she's hungry so he does it back and she grunts (we read this as "stop it!") and does it back to him! She has already started to let us know when she has a full diaper (its a horrid cry but Catie is definitely communicating.).
As you can see by the attached photo, we had another bath and this time the towel was a much happier place. I love this picture! I posted a few more to the flickr account so check that out when you get time.
That's pretty much it. Catie is sleeping better (when she's not growing 3/4 of an inch in two weeks!) and we can get 3 hours straight at night most nights. During the day she tends to eat, fall asleep, sleep for an hour or so, wake up to play and get rid of the last meal. She eats about every 2 to 3 hours during the day still , more if she fills up more diapers.
In all, Catie is doing great. A very happy, well adjusted two week old baby who continually surprises her parents. I don't know how we got so lucky but I am ecstatic.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Those pictures are so cute and the one on this post is just marvelous!

LizardBreath said...

I know! I can't help but gush. Its probably just the Mommy talking but this is bound to be one of my favorite photos of all time! I am getting prints of it made because its just so awesome!