Saturday, July 11, 2009

A tough week

As the title indicates, we had a bit of a tough week this week. Miss C caught a stomach bug.
It started out with a fever (around 101.5) Monday afternoon (I had to go get her from school). She stayed home from school on Tuesday (luckily, I was able to get a great sitter so I could go back to work and feel OK about it). No fever on Tuesday at all so we went back to school on Wednesday. I thought all was well until I picked her up on Wednesday and had one of her teachers tell me that "[Miss C] isn't feeling well." Apparently Miss C spent most of the afternoon sitting on a teacher's lap or in one of the little chairs with an upset tummy. Poor kiddo.
Thursday and Friday were days at home with the same sitter (college student who is the daughter of a man I work with, home for the summer). Miss C wasn't really herself on Thursday. She just wanted to lay around, not really doing much. Remember, this is the kid who always gets "Happy and busy" remarks on her day at school paper. So, of course, I spent the entire week worried about not being home with her.
She started to feel better on Friday. By the time I got home, she pretty much wore out the sitter. We even ran around upstairs after dinner playing tag, hide and seek and soaking each other with spray bottles so I think she is on the mend.
When she got up this morning, Miss C told me "I need pancakes" so the decision about breakfast was made early. We've had a fun day so far (Miss C is down for her nap) and I think this weekend will be fine, but you all know how tough it is when your little one is sick and you really can't do anything about it. The one thing I really am grateful for is that Miss C doesn't get sick often and when she does, she doesn't vomit. Its hard enough dealing with the other (you know) issues that come with it.
Anyway, we're going to spend the rest of the day painting, swinging and making play dough animals. If you have any suggestions on how to handle icky tummies aside from clear soda (she took one sip and gave it back), I would love to hear them (so I can write them down for next time).
So, how was your week?

No comments: