***Edited to add*** Miss C started to crawl this afternoon!!! Whoa boy are we busy now!!!
Wow! What an amazing adventure we have been having!
Ok, let's start with estimated statistics:
Miss C, based on home conducted evaluations, is now approximately 28 1/2 inches long and 20 1/2 pounds.
1. Miss C is very communicative. She talks, babbles, signs, constantly. Her only "real" sign is milk, which she uses sparingly, but she also puts her arms over her head to signal that she is done and ready to be picked up (we started this when she started eating in a chair; we would tell her "arms up" to get her ready to get out of the chair!). She talks to her pooh bear on her crib bumper when she wakes up at night which leads up to number 2~
2. Though Miss C sleeps throughout the night, if she does wake up for some reason, she generally talks to Pooh or her pacifier or whatever else she sees and then goes back to sleep.
3. Miss C kneels to play with her toys. I posted a video showing this and she does it whenever she wants to get into something slightly higher than the ground.
4. Miss C "teleports" (thanks Alphagal!) herself around the room. She is really trying to crawl but as it stands, she she goes from her butt to her hands and knees and moves herself around the room by leaning forward then sitting back down.
5. Miss C slides across our wood floor. She wants to get around faster and faster and explore her world more so this is her method.
6. Miss C has two pearly white teeth coming in on the bottom. She drools like a champ still and chews on everything, bolted down or not!
7. Miss C points! She noticed a wind chime that DH's sister (Auntie J) got us ages ago. Its a group of beautiful butterflies and we hung it up over her changing table. Every time she sees it, which is every time she wakes up or gets changed, she absolutely has to make the chimes sing. She points up at it and grunts until I pick her up high enough to smack at it and stares intently as the chimes play their tune.
8. Miss C tries to stand up, kind of. In her attempts to crawl, Miss C pushes up to feet and hands. Today she let go of one hand. I swear I thought she was going to stand! She has tried to pull herself up a couple of times. I think that she might crawl like e-baby, thump swish!
9. Miss C helps aroudn the house. After she eats, be it a meal or a snack, she holds her bib and puts it in the laundry basket we keep in the laundry room. We started this habit a couple of months ago, but now she gets mad if you even try to pick up the bib for her.
10. Miss C washes her hands. I have to credit Mrs J for this one. She apparently picks Miss C up after a meal and takes her to the kitchen sink where she helps her soap and rinse her hands. When I saw this, I started to do it at home and oh my gosh, Miss C knows what to do! She even looks for the towel so she can dry her own hands!
11. Miss C loves to brush her teeth. A couple of months ago, we started brushing Miss C's gums after her bath. At some point she decided that she was going to do it herself. I use this to help calm her after her bath when we read. Apparently she is able to better pay attention to the book if she is chewing on her tooth brush. So, she sits on my lap and brushes her teeth while we read a book before bedtime.
That's pretty much it for now. I can hardly keep up with the tremendous changes.
Before I go, I have to give a hearty "Thank you!" to Mrs J, the contributor of all of the photos we are using today.
Thank you for making sure we get to be in on these experiences as well! thanks for taking the time to read this and keep up with our wonderful adventures!