***Edited to add*** Miss C rolled herself over from her tummy to her back! This was no kidding, on purpose, all by herself. We were playing some tummy time this evening and she just decided she would put one arm under her and push off. She still gets a little scared before she rolls completely, but she does it! Yea! Of course I completely missed it with the video camera, but I will try to get it tomorrow when she is not as tired. Apparently rolling oneself over for the first time on purpose is exhausting work! Yea Miss C! ***
Well, its been a month since Little Miss C officially joined our family. Its been an amazing month! Let's review some of Miss C's accomplishments:
1. She has grown to approximately 10lbs and 21 1/2 inches from her original 7 lb 4 oz and 20 1/2 inches. We've gone from newborn (5-8lb) clothes to 0-3 month clothes and from newborn diapers to pampers #1 swaddlers. She is quite petite so she fits in smaller clothes and diapers than you would think for her weight.
2. She can hold her head up at 90 degrees when on her tummy. This is so cute. You remember this from an earlier picture posted.
3. She consistently holds her head up when being held either on our chests or in a seated position. Its crazy. Pick her up and hold her against your shoulder and she lifts her head up and looks behind you. Its amazing!
4. She tries to crawl during each tummy time session, succeeding when someone puts their hand behind her feet. You saw this if you were able to watch the video.
5. She sleeps in four hour blocks at night (yea us!). This doesn't extend to day time, but I think that is so she can make up for missed meals. She does nap 2-3 hours at a time during the day until mid-to-late afternoon when she is most awake and playing.
6. She coos and grunts to communicate. For example, if Miss C decides she doesn't want her pacifier, she spits it out. When you try to put it back in, she grunts at you, very cute. Which leads us to our next accomplishment.
7. She takes a pacifier when she needs comfort and holds it in her mouth herself. In fact, Miss C has been known to put her entire fist in front of her mouth to keep the pacifier there!
8. She successfully completed her first lunch out of the house. We went out to lunch with us when DH's family was in town. The Cheesecake Factory was great and Miss C only squawked a couple of times over the course of the 2 hours we were there. Its a good sign, especially since we have another lunch planned for Thursday when my brother and his wife are in town.
As I type this, Miss C is taking a nice little nap. She was up for a while this morning with a burp that took a long time to come up but once it did, she fell fast asleep. I have another two weeks before I go back to work. I know its going to be tough, but its a necessary evil. On the plus side, I have a ton of leave and have been approved to take two weeks off starting in August.
Well, have to get back to house stuff and Miss C. Hope ya'll have a great day!
PS I added a ruffle bottom photo just for poobou! Hope everyone enjoys!